Why create lists and bibliographies using Tyndale's WorldCat?
Creating lists and bibliographies in WorldCat is a useful practice for those who:
- wish to retain a list of favorite books and articles
- wish to retain a list of books and articles used in a research paper
- wish to retain a list of books and articles used in a course
- wish to share a list of research resources with other WorldCat users
You can also export your lists and bibliographies in one of the major citation styles used at Tyndale. To find out how, please visit the Creating works cited list page.
How to create a list using the Tyndale WorldCat:
- Go to the Advanced Search in WorldCat and sign-in to your account
- Search for articles and books on your topic
See Find books and eBooks and Find articles for more information
- In your Search Results click on the title(s) that you want to save to your list
- Click the Save button directly above the Search Results
- Enter the title of the list or bibliography in the List Name: box
- Check off one of the two List Privacy: options: Public or Private
- Click the Create New List button
How do I retrieve a previously saved list or bibliography in WorldCat?
- Go to the Advanced Search in WorldCat
- Sign-in to your WorldCat account
- Click on the drop-down menu beneath the My WorldCat
- Click on the My Lists in the list of options
- Click on the name of the list that you want to retrieve
Now let's look at how to Create a works cited list from our newly created list.