Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The school librarian helped you find introductory material on the topic and you're now ready to build your lesson. As you're leaving the library you see your associate teacher in the hall. She would like to get the class using the kits available in the library. She gives you a list resources to teach your unit on Personal and Social Development.
- Select a topic from the Ontario Curriculum for Personal and Social Development
- Select one of the kits that you will use to teach your lesson
- Answer the discussion questions
- Present the answers back to the class
Personal and Social Development (Kindergarten)
The following is a list of the topics covered for the Personal and Social Development strand (Kindergarten) of the Ontario Curriculum.
Social Development (p. 51)
Emotional Development (p. 59)
See the Ontario Kindergarten Curriculum for more information.
Discuss the following:
- Introduce the class to the kit
- What were your reasons for selecting this kit?
- How might you build this kit into your lesson and/or an activity?
- What are some of the pros and cons of using this kit in the classroom?